Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weekly Shopping Trip... Sorta


Today I went into CVS to grab two deals that I was excited about.
First I did the Excedrin transaction. I had two free product coupons that I have been saving and I am SO glad I did! It worked beautifully with this deal, and as an added bonus one of the boxes had a free sample attached!
I paid $4.98 out of pocket and saved $16.98.
PLUS, I received $10 in ECB's!

Next I did the Wisk transaction. Using the $10 ecb's plus another $5 ecb from a previous week I paid $1.75 out of pocket and saved $43.95! PLUS, I received another $10 in ECB's!

Then I went to Walmart and found these two beauties for $2.50 each.
They have a lot of these dresses left if anyone is interested (Winter Haven WM -by the leftover Cmas decor). I always grab kids clothing when they are deeply discounted like this.
Then as I was opening my truck to load the groceries into it, one of the Wisk bottles fell out and broke. Laundry detergent went EVERYWHERE! One foot was COVERED in Wisk- please bear in mind that I had on flip flops. Eww! (My foot is still sticky)
Josiah kept saying "Aww, Man" over and over as he looked at the mess. I tried cleaning the bottle as best as I could and then put it inside a grocery bag and packed the groceries around it so it couldn't tip over and spill.

Well, I get home and guess what- as I unloaded those same groceries I knocked it over and spilled it again.
 I cleaned it up a little bit, but I gave up. There is still laundry detergent on the inside and outside of my truck.  I am hopeful that it will rain and wash it off.

Surprisingly enough there is still half a bottle left over.
With what spilled at Walmart and then what spilled when I got home I thought for sure it would be empty. So, to celebrate I did a load of laundry with it.

I am super excited that tomorrow my sister is having baby Emelyn! I REALLY wish I was over this flu thing so I could go cuddle her. But I don't want her to be exposed to my germs so I shall wait a few more days then go cuddle and spoil her extra!

Smelling wiskfully good,
Joy

1 comment:

  1. ok, I was going to write a sympathetic comment about the mess, but your closing comment just cracked me up!!!

    bahahahaha..."wiskfully good"!!!

    and Josiah's "oh, man!" sounds just like YOU! i could hear you saying that when i read it! too funny - the things that they pick up!

    really glad that you didn't lose the whole bottle of Wisk, but at those prices, it wouldn't have been TOO great a loss, i think. ;)

    great post!
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete