Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Or Ketchup as my Preacher would say! I wanted to do a combined post to update everyone on what has been going on the last few weeks.

The week following Kid's VBT, Michael lead the games for Teen VBT. They played 'Ganster Soccer' almost every night out in the field followed by indoor games before the preaching.


The preacher for the week was from Arkansas. I found out one afternoon while we were having lunch with him & his wife that they knew one of my good friends, April who moved to Arkansas two years ago! Small world, huh?

Teen week ended on Thursday, and Friday night the rest of Michael's family came to town. This was the first time in five years since the family has all been together! We spent Saturday playing games and visiting. Sunday was spent in the Lord's house and Monday was Family Pictures. Tuesday was a wonderful day spent at the Tanana Valley State Fair! It was so nice of the fair to be in town while we were in Alaska!


Josiah had his first ever pony ride! He loved the pony before and after the ride, but he wasn't so sure about being on top of him!

I was also blessed throughout our time in Alaska to be able to spend some quality girl time with my bestie, Sami!!! It was so nice to be able to talk face to face.


We said our goodbyes and flew out on Thursday afternoon and landed in Florida Friday morning. Where we promptly made our way home to our bed and crashed for a few hours. Sleep deprivation is so not cool.

Michael is currently finishing up a 3 day VBS in Citra, Fl. We decided that I would stay home with Josiah and try to recup from all the traveling. My back has been giving me fits again so Josiah has ended up with Nana. I think he is making up for the 3 weeks of not seeing her while we were in Alaska.

Overall, we had a wonderful trip! I just wish I could have brought some of that cooler weather back home with us! And all Floridians said, AMEN!!!

Our summer of travel is coming to a close. Thank you so much for 'following' and most importantly praying for the ministry the Lord has allowed us to have this Summer. Some exciting things will be happening in our Jr. Church this fall and I look forward to sharing it all with you along with updates on our family.

Happy Wednesday,

Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment