Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter with Family

We had a small family Easter get together at our house on Saturday afternoon. My brother's crew was not able to join us since they were having a family hunting trip. We missed them but we still had a ton of fun!

Josiah was so anxious for everyone to get here. He stayed on the front porch for at least 30 minutes waiting on people to show up. He eventually got bored and laid down. 
 The kids table- We taped down construction paper for them to color on.
 While Michael and Larry hid the eggs the kids were inside decorating sugar cookies with icing. (I just now remembered I forgot to pull out the sprinkles for them. It would have just made a bigger mess I am sure.) It kept them occupied and kept them from trying to peek out the back windows.

The funniest thing that happened when they were decorating was when Becky and I got distracted talking with each other. I looked down and Emelyn had the icing bag in her mouth squeezing all the icing into her mouth. It was so funny!
 One of the girls (I think Regyn) is very artistic. She did a great job decorating her butterfly! She is only six years old by the way.
 Waiting for Uncle Michael to say go!
 And they're off!


 Grandaddy swinging with Joanna. :)

 I found one! I found one!
 Opening their eggs to see what they get.
 Sixlets and puzzle pieces. :)
 One of the girls quickly got the smaller puzzle put together and then Mom and Becky and a few others here and there put together the larger puzzle.

 The kids waiting in line to get a chance to shoot the paintball gun at an egg.
 That is part of my old bathroom floor. Ha!
 Josiah
 Thomas
 Grandaddy


 Nana and Becky even colored on the table. :)
 Someone got worn out from all the activities. lol
There were only a few minor injuries from all the excited playing so I think we all had a blast. :)


Matthew 28: 6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment