Monday, September 17, 2012

Joanna's Dedication

Sunday was Baby Dedication Day at Church!
The princess before we went into the church for a time of prayer.
I am thankful to say that Joanna did great! She didn't spit up (Thank the Lord!) and she didn't fuss!
"Wall to Wall Babies"
After church was over we invited our family over for a meal. I had originally thought to do something simple like hot dogs but that would have meant Michael would have had to grill as soon as we got back from church... in the heat... so I changed my mind. :) I thought everyone would appreciate a nice meal too so I got up early and had things in the oven and crock pot and only had minimal work to do once I got home.

Apparently, some people really wanted hot dogs though. That is ALL I heard for the first thirty minutes, "I thought we were having hot dogs?". Next time I will send out an "I changed my mind" memo! I don't think they minded all that much after they got over the shock of not having hot dogs. 

Joanna's guest list included her Grandparents, Great-Grandparents, God-parents, and her Aunt Becky and cousins. Uncle Doug and Aunt Carrie weren't able to make it this time. We had such a nice time with family, it was fun to mark Joanna's day with a family celebration!


 (I love having a backyard with a play set for the kids! They played out there almost the whole time while the adults relaxed in the a/c.)

Nap Time

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." 
Psalm 127:3

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely! So glad you and Joanna had a good day!

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete