Thursday, March 12, 2015

Warning! Men Cooking!

I just LOVE this time of year for so many reasons! One of them being fresh strawberries. We just love strawberries in our house. 

We were down to only one jar of homemade strawberry preserves. My hubby enjoys his homemade preserves so he was tricked into willing to help me out over the weekend to make a new batch of preserves.

 I cleaned the strawberries really well and then we set to work getting them sliced. I then got to enjoy watching as Hubby got to do all the mashing, stirring, and lifting of pots.

 It was so much easier having someone help that it didn't take nearly 
as long as when I do it by myself. Plus since he did all the hard work I wasn't completely exhausted.
 While the filled jars were processing, Snow White came to visit. :)
I love hearing all the "pops" when the jars are done!
I look forward to our family enjoying these preserves in the coming months! I think I will mostly enjoy knowing that Michael and I were able to spend time and work in my kitchen together (without wanting to strangle each other) to create something yummy.

By the way, He only burned his tongue once! hahaha! He keeps me laughing!
:) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment