Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Pirates Life for Me!

Arrrgh! Mateys we had a splashing good time Monday night celebratin' the Captain's birthday. In other words, We had a late birthday party for Michael and we were all pirates.
 "Josiah the Pirate" practiced what he was going to say when Michael walked in.

"Arrgh! You shall walk the BLANK!"
"Josiah, the word is 'PLANK not blank."
"Arrrrrgh! You shall walk the BLANK!"
"PL- PL- PLank"
"Plank"
"Yes! Good, now try again."
"Arrrgh! You shall walk the blank!"
"mmmkay."
 Lady J was "Tinkerbell" for the night. She was so fun to watch. The excitement got to her right when Michael was unlocking the door. She just took off running and screaming down the hall. She made it back just in time to yell "Arrrgh!".

 I took off my pirate stuff and gave it to Michael. Ugh! It was so hot with that thing on my head.


 Michael and the kids went outside to play pirates until supper was ready but it was really just until our surprise guests showed up.
 And two of them came dressed as pirates and this is just another reason to love them.

 This was probably the best part of the night. I am kicking myself for not turning on the video. Josiah asked his Daddy to pray "in pirate" and it was HILARIOUS! As soon as he finished we all started laughing. It was  great and will forever be a memory!
 My parents were there as well. They joined in heartily with "Aarrrgh's" when we sang happy birthday to Michael.
The night was so much fun! I am thinking themed gatherings are a must now. I mean... the kids had so much fun. hehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment