Friday, December 27, 2013

Sweet Excitement

After breakfast was done and the kids were dressed we started the festivities with them opening their stockings.


 We take opening our gifts very slow. One person opens one gift at a time; when they are done they go find a present for someone else to open. We want the kids to learn to enjoy others opening gifts, watching their face, sharing in the joy.


 My favorite gift for Michael! :) I asked Emily, a teen in our church, to draw this and she did a FABulous job! I think my favorite part is the hearts on top of the Android! haha!


 I can't help but quote... "I'm a beautiful butterfly!"




 This is the gift that I tripped over a few weeks back and then the lady gave it to me! Joanna LOVED it!

 This picture just makes me laugh!
 My heart is all melty.
 Both kids got new toothbrushes and Lady J is in love with hers. It is so cute when she asks "teeth?" Then she runs to the bathroom and get on the stool and yells at you until you come brush her teeth.
Michael and I were so blessed this year! We were able to spend a total of $40 on all the gifts for the kids! Thank you, yard sales! Josiah's big gift was a basketball hoop which I didn't take a picture of because when we were supposed to be surprising Josiah with it, Michael surprised me with a new-to-me bike!!!!!!

On Thursday, I went for my first official bike ride since I was about ten. Just a note of warning... don't go for a mile and a half bike ride if you haven't been on a bike in almost 20 years.You will hurt.

Next Post - Christmas at Nana's and Grandaddy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment