Friday, July 12, 2013

Week in Review

 Tuesday I took the kids to see the Reptile Show that the library hosted. I'm an adult and I thought it was pretty cool. :) That dude is holding a python that I think he said was 15 feet long. We enjoyed seeing all the reptiles but when I asked J which was his favorite he said he really liked the turtle the best which led to "Mom, can I have a pet turtle?" 
 I dropped Jman off at my parents house for a swim lesson.

Joanna and I came home for her nap and I spray painted my patio furniture. Michael was a bit worried about me doing too much painting and the fumes so I sent him this scary picture to show him I wore a mask and that I was done for the day (hence the empty sprayer).

 Wednesday Josiah got a special package in the mail.
 His books arrived! :) We enjoyed looking through them for a few minutes.
 We also had a special visitor for the day while her mommy and daddy had an anniversary date.
 She had a pretty good time but she was thrilled to see her mommy and daddy show up that afternoon.
 Thursday I was invited to crash a family staycation day. All the girls were going thrift store shopping and that was right up my alley! I came home with a lot of great finds! I am excited to get a coat of spray paint on the shelves and hooks and start putting them to use.
 I further crashed on the family fun that evening at supper. :) The kids enjoyed playing in the backyard with the pool and slide.


 My good friend Gracie is here for a week enjoying time with her family. I made a lot of great memories with this girl while working on a bus route together and sitting next to each other in choir. We were a bit mischievous at times but we were always laughing, singing (on or off key), or being chased by dogs together. 
Today I am exhausted! As in "don't talk to me" kind of exhausted. I was going to dress the kids as cows and go get free Chick-fil-a but I think it wise to avoid large and noisy crowds today. Its for everyone's safety. I will have to make a quick Walmart run in a bit so hopefully we will all survive and get home for much needed naps.

The wonderful news is my hubby has his last night of VBS in Georgia tonight and will be hopping in the car and coming home!!! I can not wait to have him home! We have missed him so much this week.

Tomorrow we have a birthday party and Michael has some work to do for teen camp that starts Monday morning. If you think about it pray we all survive the coming weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment